Thursday, December 4, 2008

where do you go my lovely?


Let me reiterate that statement. I DESERVE to fall in love entirely.
I had a panic attack last night. For anyone who hasn't been fortunate
enough to experience such, this is what it feels like.


"Well we can always just make out instead?" It'd been months since
I payed him the slightest glimpse of attention and yet he was still
hopelessly attached. Of course he was still hopelessly attached.
There were more than a handful of men who longed to make me
smile and all I ever did was laugh. I am indulgent in things that
are not of my picking; Saturday Night Live in the distance and
computer screen rubrics, my body slowly becomes Numb as the
1970's. Mattress, eyelids clinging to stay open. Everything is
just the same, everything is as it's always been. And then my
mind begins to taunt me. Sweat dripping from my tongue and
chest. And everything is spinning, was I spinning as well? I
must have been, in some unmarkable sense. I contemplate
ripping locks off of my scalp or eyelashes that somewhere
in this mess became soaking wet. "This is not your fault."
I begin repeating inside my head, but there's no use in
arguing with something that made so much sense. "You
are so beautiful." I remembered my hollywood muse
writing me, yet what did that matter; beauty in a world
with so much suffering? My overlapping thoughts were
now typed across my telephone. Maybe one of the men
who lusted after me would not be asleep, and they would
compliment me and remind me how to breathe. And of
course, Tommy, the one whom with constant rejection
I've come to despise, was the only one who was at this
hour still alive. This made me sicker than I could stand.
I imagined him fucking a girl more or equally naive as
me and laughing at this entire thing. "A panic attack?
What a loon!", she would say and they'd take a hit and be on
their way. And soon I was dreaming while I was awake.
And now it is morning. Is it just the same?

1 comment:

jbg said...

Right on...

Good luck with the blog and thanks for reading and leaving the comment...

Your roommate is?

Best,
Joe